Friday, June 5, 2009

The BIG ONE. NINE.

Wow, how time flies... It's my nineteenth birthday! How crazy is that?! I can't believe June 5, 2009 is already here. I am such a lucky girl! I have had the best 19 years a girl can ask for. I have the world's best family and friends who I can trust with my life. My parents are my best friends; I can talk to them about anything. They show so much love and have been such an amazing support system. I don't remember a time that they weren't both in the stands at every dance performance... cheering my name and taking pictures! My two older brothers have always taken such good care of me. Yes, they are very protective... but I have come to realize that it's a good thing. :) My new sister in law is such a blessing to our family. She is the sister that I never had. I love every minute I get to spend with her. My siblings are such tremendous examples to me... I am so lucky to have them to look up to. My five best girlfriends have been with me since kindergarten. We have been through so much together, and I am so blessed to have them. We have way too much funnn! Over the years those girls have created a list of nicknames for me: Freuban, Mee-gone, Nugan, Margarita, May-me, etc, etc. I don't remember a time when I was just "Megan" to them. I love those girls with all my heart. <3 You see why I say I am so lucky and blessed??

18 years old and a freshman at what I feel is the best university in the world, BYU (go Cougs!) = a huge growing experience for me. Moving out, paying the bills, crazy roommates, cooking, dating, college professors, yada, yada, yada. It was a completely different kind of year, but an amazing one at that. I learned so much, gained independence, and grew so much as a person. I also had a crazy, fun time! Another awesome part was that Matt, Dave, Jes, and I were all at BYU at the same time. That was so much fun! I loved being so close to them. Now 19... and going into my sophomore year. I'm excited to meet more new people and get settled into my major. I can't wait to see what the upcoming year has in store for me. But first, it is summer baby and I am ready to live it up! I know this summer will be full of fun adventures and tons of unforgettable memories!

Today is going to be a great day. :)

"At 19, everything is possible and tomorrow looks friendly."

No comments:

Post a Comment